For U.S. citizens travelling abroad, it’s important to note that you are responsible for determining the type and getting visas for the countries to which you are travelling or travelling through.

  • The SCI USA long term and short term volunteering offices will provide assistance with this but cannot maintain up-to-date information on all the visa regulations for all the countries in which SCI is active. Comprehensive information is usually available on the government embassy or consulate website of the countries concerned. You can find the embassy website for the country you will be travelling to by searching: “embassy of (name of country) in the United States”.
  • The U.S. Embassy in the country you will be travelling to may also be able to provide information and support.